Yield: 3 whole wings
3 whole chicken wings
1/4 tsp salt
A few shakes of black pepper powder
1 tsp dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey
1/4 ~ 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce*
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
* for thick dark soya sauce - 1/4 tps
for dilute dark soya sauce - 1/2~1 tsp
You may add more if you prefer a darker wing colour
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp marinade
1. Rinse and cut the wings into 2 parts. Pat dry.
2. Coat with marinating ingredients, cover with food wrap, and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
3. Return the marinated wings to room temperature before baking.
4. Arrange the marinated wings in a single layer over a lined baking tray. Preheat the oven toaster to 200 degree Celsius.
5. Combine 1 tsp of the leftover marinade and 1 tbsp honey. Apply the basting sauce over the wings and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the tray of wings from the oven toaster, baste another layer of basting sauce, and return to the oven toaster to bake for 5 minutes.
Repeat this process till you use up the basting sauce.
7. For the final basting, apply pure honey to the wings and bake in the oven toaster for 10 minutes. After the baking, let the wings stay in the oven toaster for another 10 minutes or longer.
8. Nice juicy soft wings ready to go with black pepper butter rice :)