When I saw my FB friend, Lim Lee Chien's posting of those golden butter cupcakes, my next action was to scroll for her recipe. Without any disappointment, I found it, copied it and replicated it!
Love this velvety cake which only needs simple tools to make. Why not burn some calories by preparing the batter manually instead of using an electric mixer, especially this is a calorie laden cake.
Thank you Lee Chien for sharing this fabulous recipe :)
Yield: 10x5cm square base cupcakes
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 60g eggs
180g unsalted butter, softened
125g fine sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 beaten eggs
180g top/cake flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
30g fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whip softened butter till light.
2. Add fine sugar and salt, continue to whip till pale and creamy.
3. Add in beaten egg, in several small portions, and mix well.
4. Mix and loosen top/cake flour with baking powder using a hand whisk. Fold in the flour mixture, in several additions, to the batter.
Avoid over mixing the batter.
5. Fold in milk and vanilla extract.
6. Spoon the batter into cupcake moulds to about 2/3 the height of the mould.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 20 to 25 minutes at middle rack, or till the top becomes golden.
8. Allow the cupcakes to cool down before enjoying :)
Recipe adapted from my Facebook friend, Lim Lee Chien's posting on 21 Sep 2015.