A nice golden pumpkin corn yeast bread embedded with sparkling cranberry "gem" topped with melted white cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Interested in taking a bite?
Yield: 9 mini buns in one 20cm square pan
Bread weight: 518g
Raw dough weight: 458g
A powerful blender 强力搅拌器
Whirlpool BM1000 breadmaker 面包机
Some beaten egg for glazing
60g shredded white cheddar cheese
10g grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp golden syrup/honey
1 tsp hot water
75g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
40g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
20g steamed pumpkin 熟南瓜
5cm pandan leaf (optional) 香兰叶，可免
15g condensed milk 炼乳
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
40g fine sugar 细糖
20g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
200g bread flour 高筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
20g dried cranberries
1. Line a 20cm square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cut dried cranberries into small bits using a pair of kitchen scissors. Set aside.
3. Steamed corn kernels and pumpkin chunks at high heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
You may want to add a pandan leaf to the corn and pumpkin while steaming to give them a sweet scent.
4. Wait for the corn and pumpkin to cool to room temperature. Blend 40g of corn kernels, 20g of pumpkin and pandan leaf with 75g of cold milk in a food processor till creamy.
5. Pour corn milk mixture from (4) and condensed milk into the bread pan.
6. Add in beaten egg.
7. Add in sugar, salt and cold butter.
8. Pour in bread flour.
9. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
10. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
11. Select "8" Dough Kneading function; and press "Start".
12. After about 8 to 10 minutes, while the kneading is going on, gradually pour in the dried cranberry bits.
13. When the program stops, let the dough continue to sit in the pan for another 25 minutes.
The dough is ready.
14. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
16. Roll up the individual doughs and shape into balls by pulling down the side of the dough, and seal at the bottom.
17. Coat the dough ball with some flour and roll it within your hand into a round ball. Place into the lined baking pan.
18. Spray some water and let the dough proof in a warm oven for about 40 minutes, or when the dough almost double in size.
19. Remove the baking pan from the oven. Start to preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
20. Brush some beaten egg, and place cold shredded white cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese over the surface.
Keep the shredded cheese in the fridge till needed. Cold shredded cheese is not as sticky as room temperature cheese, so it's easier to spread out. Cold cheese also prevent it from browning too fast during baking.
21. After sending in the bread dough, reduce the oven temperature to 180 degree Celsius and bake at middle rack for about 18 to 20 minutes, or till the cheese turns golden.
22. While the bread is baking, prepare the honey/golden glazing syrup.
23. Transfer the bread out of the oven and apply honey/golden glazing syrup over the cheese immediately.
24. Lift the bread out of the baking pan and onto a cooling rack .
Enjoy the cheesy corn bread warm :)