A nice soft muffin with natural aroma coming from the added banana and desiccated coconut. The desiccated coconut also enhances the texture of the muffin. A small portion recipe that produces just 4 cups to enjoy with the family :)
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g omega egg
100g Greek natural yoghurt 原味优格
1 egg 蛋
30g rice bran/vegetable oil 米糠/植物油
50g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp sea salt 海盐
90g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
10g desiccated coconut 干椰丝
1 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
80g ripen banana 熟香蕉
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Some almond flakes 杏仁片
1. Mix Prima top/cake flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder in a bowl using a hand whisk. Set aside.
3. Blend Greek yoghurt, egg, rice bran oil, raw sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
This is a not-so-sweet version, so you may want to increase the sugar content if you prefer a sweeter muffin crumb.
4. Fold in the flour mixture from (1) briefly. Stop mixing when all the flour ingredients are wet, but still lumpy.
5. Fold in the diced banana.
6. Scoop the batter into 4 muffin paper cups.
7. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut over the top, and drop some diced banana and almond flakes over.
8. Place the muffins on a tray and bake in a preheated oven toaster at 180 degree Celsius for 45 to 50 minutes, or till the top turns golden and an inserted cake tester came out dry.
You can also bake the muffins in a conventional oven at 180 degree Celsius, middle rack, for 30 to 35 minutes.
After 20 minutes into baking, rotate the muffins to ensure even heating.
Continue to bake for another 15 minutes, then rotate the muffins again.
9. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold :)