A simple and small quantity recipe that turned one last banana in the kitchen into 4 cups of delicious muffins.
A hand whisk, a spatula, and a small oven toaster are all the essential equipment needed.
Love the small chunks of banana embedded in the mildly sweetened soft crumb, not forgetting the crunchy walnut chips on the crust :)
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g omega egg
100g Greek natural yoghurt 原味优格
1 egg 蛋
30g rice bran/vegetable oil 米糠/植物油
50g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp sea salt 海盐
100g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
90~100g ripen banana 熟香蕉
1. Mix top/cake flour and baking powder in a bowl using a hand whisk. Set aside.
2. Peel and cut banana into cubes. Cover and set aside.
3. Blend Greek yoghurt, egg, rice bran oil, raw sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
This is a not-so-sweet version, so you may want to increase the sugar content if you prefer a sweeter muffin crumb.
4. Sieve in the flour mixture from (1) and fold briefly. Stop mixing when all the flour ingredients are wet, but still lumpy.
5. Fold in the diced banana.
6. Scoop the batter into 4 muffin paper cups.
8. Place the muffins on a tray and bake in a preheated oven toaster at 180 degree Celsius for 45 to 50 minutes, or till the top turns golden and an inserted cake tester came out dry.
You can also bake the muffins in conventional oven at 180 degree Celsius, middle rack, for 30 to 35 minutes.
After 20 minutes into baking, rotate the muffins to ensure even heating.
Continue to bake for another 15 minutes, then rotate the muffins again.
9. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold :)