Equipment: Mayer Breadmaker MMBM 12
Bread weight: 537g
150g cold mango Greek yoghurt 冷芒果优格
85g* cold water 冷水
20g beaten egg 蛋液
25g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
225g bread flour 高筋面粉
25g superfine wholegrain flour超细全麦面粉
10g full cream milk powder全脂奶粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
15g dried mango
* reduce the water quantity to about 70 to 75g if you are using all purpose flour to replace the superfine wholegrain flour. The latter has a higher liquid absorbancy than normal flour.
Some beaten egg or fresh milk 些许蛋液
1. Cut dried mango into bit size and toss about 1 tsp of flour mixture from (3) with it. Set aside.
2. Add cold mango Greek yoghurt, cold water, beaten egg, raw sugar, salt and cold unsalted butter to the bread pan.
3. Mix bread flour, superfine wholegrain flour, and milk powder together, and add to the bread pan.
4. Dig a hole at the top of the flour and pour the instant dry yeast in.
Select the "sweet bread" function, C-02,
choose your preferred crust colour
and start the program.
6. When the countdown timer reads 2:05 hr, a series of "beep" sound can be heard. Drop the dried mango bits into the bread pan to knead with the dough.
The below step is optional. You can choose to leave the dough undisturbed till the baking finish.
7. When the countdown timer reads 1:30 hr, the bread maker will give off a series of "beep" sound. Wear a pair of disposable gloves to lift up the dough and remove the kneading blade from the bottom of the dough.
Place the dough back to the pan and continue the proofing program.
8. When the countdown timer reads 0:45, the baking process will begin. Apply a thin coat of fresh milk or beaten egg over the top of the dough.
Cover the window of the lid with an aluminum foil. This will prevent the crust from developing a pale spot.
9. When the baking program ends, remove the loaf and cool on a wire rack.
10. Slice the loaf after the loaf has completely cool down. Enjoy :)