Love this soft loaf of oatmeal bread which has oatmeal added to both the crumb and the crust. The oatmeal not only helped to fortify the bread with good dietary fiber, but also helped to keep the bread moist and soft.
The honey oatmeal on the crust enhanced the taste of this slightly savory bread well ^_^
Yield: One 12x12x13cm loaf,
Bread weight: 473g
Bread maker: Mayer MMBM2
20g instant oatmeal 快熟燕麦
130g hot water 热水
50g beaten egg 蛋液
25g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/2 tsp salt 盐
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
250g Prima bread flour 百龄麦高筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发
1. Pour hot water onto the oatmeal to make a paste. Set aside to cool down.
Do not stir the oatmeal, just leave it to absorb the water.
Cover the hot mixture to prevent moisture lose through evaporation.
After the oatmeal mixture has cooled down, cover and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
2. Pour oatmeal mixture into the bread pan.
If the total weight of the mixture falls below 150g, top up the difference with cold water.
3. Add beaten egg.
4. Add sugar and salt.
5. Add in the cold butter.
6. Pour in the bread flour.
7. Dig a small hole, and pour in the instant dry yeast.
8. Transfer the bread pan to the bread machine.
9. Close the lid, select "C-01" Soft Bread,
Choose the crust colour,
and press start.
10. When the countdown timer reads "1:30" h, the bread maker will give off a series of "beep" sound.
Press the "Stop" button once to pause the program. This allows you enough time to shape the dough.
I took about 15 minutes to complete the shaping process.
11. Place the dough onto a floured work top. Flatten the dough to release the trapped air.
14. Place the dough back to the bread pan, and press the start button.
15. When the countdown timer reads "0:50"h, the baking process will begin.
Hence, pause the program at "0:52" h to perform the glazing and topping process before the baking program begin.
Apply a thin coat of egg wash over the top of the dough, but avoiding the edge.
Drizzle a little honey over.
Do not over-add the honey.
16. Cover the window of the lid with an aluminum foil. This will prevent the crust from developing a pale spot.
18. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack to cool down completely.
Slice the bread and enjoy this aromatic slice of bread :)
A thin spread of butter is enough to make a delicious slice of bread :P