A sweet and soft milk bread in golden colour of added pumpkin, "pegged" with crunchy pumpkin seeds on the crust :)
Yield: One 12x12x13 cm loaf
Bread weight: 511g
Raw dough weight:
Bread maker: Mayer MMBM12
100g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
20g condensed milk 炼乳
50g cooked pumpkin paste 熟南瓜泥
30g fine sugar 细糖
25g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
225g Prima bread flour 百龄麦高筋面粉
25g Prima top flour 百龄麦低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母粉
Glazing & Toppings
Some beaten egg
Some pumpkin seeds
1. Steamed about 80g raw pumpkin at medium high heat for 15 minutes, till softened. Drain away the excess water collected at the bottom of the bowl. Mash the softened pumpkin into paste by using a fork. Collect 50g of the pumpkin paste for later use.
Mix cool pumpkin paste, cold fresh milk and condensed milk in a beaker. Refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Add the ingredients to the bread pan according to the order listed.
Dig a hole in the flour and pour in the instant dry yeast :)
3. Place the bread pan into the bread machine.
4. Select C-02 "Sweet Bread" function;
Select the dough weight: "500g",
Select the "crust colour"
And start the program.
5. When the countdown timer reads "1:30" h, a series of "beeps" can be heard. This is the shaping time.
Press the "Stop" button once to pause the program.
The timer will start to blink and an interval beep can be heard.
7. Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Flatten it with your palm to release the trapped air.
8. Roll the dough into a flat rectangular dough, about 1.5 cm thick.
9. Place the doughs back to the bread pan.
10. When the countdown timer reads "0:46" h, pause the program, and apply some beaten egg over the dough
This step is optional.
11. While the baking process is going on, cover the breadmaker window with an aluminum foil. This helps to reduce the pale spot on the bread crust.