A soft and velvety butter cake with coconut aroma, and a crispy coconut crust that tastes like coconut cookie. Forget about the calorie count, and indulge in this delicious piece of cake :)
Yield: One 20Lx10Wx6.5H cm cake
All ingredients in room temperature.
Using 55g eggs
110g Prima top/cake flour低筋面粉
15g coconut cream powder 椰子粉
1/2 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
1 tbsp desiccated coconut 干椰丝
120g unsalted butter, softened 无盐奶油
110g fine sugar 细沙糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
3 eggs 蛋
1 tbsp golden syrup 糖浆
20g trim coconut milk 低脂椰奶
1 tbsp dessicated coconut 干椰丝
1. Mix top flour, coconut cream powder and baking powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs together and set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar and salt together till light and fluffy.
I took about 10 minutes to whip up the mixture by a hand whisk.
4. Gradually blend in the beaten egg to the batter. Add in small quantity after each mixing.
5. Sieve in the flour mixture from (1) into the batter and mix briefly.
Try not to over mix the flour.
7. Mix in the trim coconut mik, follow by golden syrup.
8. Use a spatula to give a more through mixing.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
9. Bake in the middle rack of a preheated oven set at 160 degree Celsius for about 50 to 55 minutes, or untill an inserted cake tester draws out clean.
10. Let the cake stay in the cake mould for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Invert out the cake and let it cool on the wire rack. I covered the cake loosely with a piece of paper kitchen towel to prevent the cake from drying out.
11. Slice and enjoy :)