Added melted chocolate to the butter cake for a better aroma :)
Pan size: 20x10x6cm silicone loaf pan
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
20g whipping cream/fresh milk
20g condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
110g unsalted butter, softened
100g fine sugar
110g top/cake flour
15g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
15g cooking chocolate
5g whipping cream
1. Mix whipping cream, condensed milk and vanilla extract in a cup. Set aside.
2. Mix and loosen top/cake flour, milk powder and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt cooking chocolate with whipping cream into a smooth paste in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
4. Beat the eggs for a few minutes using a hand whisk.
5. Loosen the softened butter using a hand whisk, then add in the fine sugar.
The butter is soft but not glossy on the surface. If glossy, return the butter to the fridge for a few minutes.
Whip the butter till it becomes pale. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes using a hand whisk.
6. Slowly add in the beaten egg and blend well.
7. Sieve in the flour mixture from (2), and mix well. Avoid over-mixing.
8. Mix in the milk mixture from (1).
Give the batter a thorough mixing using a spatula.
9. Scoop about 2 tbsp of batter to mix with the chocolate mixture from (3).
10. Pour the chocolate batter into the butter batter. Use a spatula to mix briefly. Do not over-mix, or the batter will loose the swirling pattern
11. Pour the batter into a greased baking pan. Lightly bang to level up the batter.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degree Celsius, at middle rack of the oven for about 50 to 55 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester came out clean.
13. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool down for about 5 minutes, before inverting out the cake.
Cover the cake with a paper towel to minimize lose of moisture from the cake.
After the cake has cooled down, cut and enjoy :)